As we all know that social media is rapidly growing, building a quality online presence is important. Simultaneously the way of recruiting has also changed in the past few decades, the focus is on attracting the best talent and in order to make this happen social media recruiting strategy plays a vital role. Social media has become the most successful tool for hiring and recruiting. Before you start recruiting through social media sites, it’s important that you clearly understand how it works and how beneficial is it to your organisation.
Yet people have question, is social media the best for recruitment process cause of legal issues, lack of time and lack of knowledge. Keeping that aside, social media is one of the best tools one can use for recruiting and can achieve wide range of additional goals. Using social media for recruitment has many advantages such as increase job visibility, improves employer branding, provides better insight into candidate’s profiles and helps you connect with passive candidates. Companies present business proposal or building a social media presence keeping the customers in mind. One might have trouble in choosing the right social network, you can go with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or any other which can offer excellent opportunities and also try other different ways in which profiles get the highest level of engagement.
Benefits of using social media for recruitment
- Diverse audience: Research has proven that people of different ages and background are active on social media. Social media can act as the bridge of communication between you and the clients, this can be done by building effective sourcing and recruiting strategy.
- Reduce time to fill: By making use of many different advertising channels for your company. You can come across many candidates and will increase the chances of getting the most talented and qualified candidates faster.
- Becomes easier for employees to refer candidates: Various posting and sharing options that social sites offer is very beneficial to companies. Current employees can also look into the job openings. Provides a large scale visibility.
- Get creative with job post: The job posting need not be formal or just the text forms. They can include images and videos to make it more innovative and attractive. Along with the image or a video, a text over it describing the job like experience and what is the job about.
- Decrease recruiting cost: Having a social media account for posting and sharing job openings can make your work easier and cost free. It allows you to inform the other professional circle that your company has got job openings.